Brother CS6000i is user-friendly and portable sewing and quilting machine that offers a wide range of quilting and sewing features at an affordable price. But let’s try to figure out what exactly makes this model so special.
Are you interested in a particular question about Brother CS6000i? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking on the arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
Here's what we'll cover:
- Brother CS6000i review
- Main features
- Brother CS6000i. SYS ratings, pros, and cons
- Brother CS6000i manual
- Brother CS6000i video guidelines
- Brother CS6000i. FAQ and Troubleshooting
- How to thread Brother CS-6000i?
- What to do when the thread got tangled?
- What is the best setting for a basting stitch on Brother CS6000i?
- Does it sew through leather and jeans?
- What to do if the buttonhole is not sewing properly?
- What should you do if you can’t raise the presser foot of Brother CS6000i?
- Brother CS6000i accessories
- Is Brother CS6000i worth buying? Our verdict
Brother CS6000i review
Beginners and savvy quilters will appreciate many quilting features included in this unit. The oversized table makes it easy to move larger projects, and the walking foot makes the feeding of multiple layers a breeze (SA 140 for this model).
This clear plastic foot ensures better visibility. And the quilting guide ensures that you’ll sew evenly spaced rows of quilting stitches.
And even though this machine is not an embroidery machine, you can learn to do beautiful embroidery work on it by learning free-motion embroidery.
It does not have an embroidery hoop or a monogram. But it does have lovely heirloom stitches. And, in fact, one of the presser feet that comes with this machine is the open toe darning foot, which is great for embroidery. So if you wish to embroider, use this foot to do so.
Also, an important thing to note: use needle 75/11 for embroidery. And it is recommended that a 90/14 needle should be used when embroidering on heavyweight fabrics or stabilizing products (for example, denim, puffy foam, etc.).
Here’s a good tutorial on free-motion embroidery just in case:
- 60 built-in stitches including and seven styles of one-step auto-size buttonholes
- LCD display with easy-to-use stitch selection
- Super easy bobbin winding system
- Built-in free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves
- Electronic speed control
- Brightly lit LED work area
- Automatic needle threader
- Included oversized table for larger projects
- Free arm for sewing cuffs and sleeves
Brother CS6000i. SYS ratings, pros, and cons
Brother CS6000i manual
You can download the full manual here.
Brother CS6000i video guidelines
Brother CS6000i. FAQ and Troubleshooting
How to thread Brother CS-6000i?
Check the video for detailed instructions:
What to do when the thread got tangled?
If this machine stops operation due to tangled thread, do not turn the pulley by force.
If the pulley is turned by force, then, a lower thread might not be picked up correctly, and stitches might not be formed correctly. Try to remove a needle plate and cut the tangled threads by scissors or cutter.
What is the best setting for a basting stitch on Brother CS6000i?
Here are the guidelines you might want to follow:
- Set the tension down to 1 or 2
- Check that your stitch is set to straight (00 or 01) and long (4 or 5)
- Leave yourself a long piece of thread (6-8 inches)
- Put pins where you’re supposed to stop and wrap your top thread around the pin 3 or 4 times after you start.
- DO NOT back stitch, or you will fail miserably
- When your gathering, you have to pull the bobbin thread.
Does it sew through leather and jeans?
You will be okay with lightweight denim or leather (with appropriate settings) as long as you are not going through 4+ layers of thick denim every single day. That would be a challenge for this machine.
If there’s something wrong with your buttonhole try following the tips below:
- Check that your needle is installed correctly and replace it if necessary
- Check the thread tension. And adjust the top tension if needed.
- Check that the buttonhole lever located on the machine is pulled down to its limits
- Check that the lever is in the correct position so that it can make contact with the buttonhole foot to switch between the sides of the buttonhole.
What should you do if you can’t raise the presser foot of Brother CS6000i?
In most cases, checking the screw that holds the foot would help. See if it had been loosened. And if that’s the case, screw it back.
Brother CS6000i accessories
This machine comes with a fitted wide table, accessory pouch with needle set, twin needle, hard case, three spool caps, spool pin, cleaning brush, seam ripper, three bobbins, screwdriver, eyelet punch, power cord, and manual. It has lots of feet too. From buttonhole, monogramming, and overcasting to zigzag, zipper blind stitch and button fitting foot.
Brother CS6000i bobbins
You should use specific bobbins for this machine – class SA156.
Is Brother CS6000i worth buying? Our verdict
Brother CS6000i is a multipurpose sewing, quilting, and embroidery machine that includes all the necessary accessories. All of that is priced very reasonably.
You will love easy reverse sewing, speed control, and computerized selection of stitches.
You can sew practically everything with this unit – from denim to satin. Totally recommended!
Credits: photos by Freepik.com
Disclosure: at sewingyourstyle.com we only write about the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to mention that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate sewingyourstyle.com earns from qualifying purchases.